What We Are
This non-profit, membership-supported foundation was conceived and founded by Dr. Charles Butler in 1936 as a means of providing a central facility for the expression of theater, music, art, dance and literature. Today, the Art Center continues to promote and develop those early traditions.
In addition, the Art Center interacts and networks with other community organizations, thus continuing to ensure “Something of Everyone.” Membership provides both financial support and volunteer efforts to staff the majority of its events.
The Art Center takes great pride in continuing to be a vital hub of cultural and artistic activities for the Ojai Valley for the past six decades. It is the longest continually operating non-profit art center in the state.
Members receive discount ticket prices to Art Center events, a monthly newsletter listing lectures, meetings, galas, festivals, exhibit openings auditions, competitions, music, dance and stage performances, classes and all activities held at the Center. Membership offers networking opportunities and voting privileges.
- Production season with comedy, drama and musicals
- Open auditions
- Intimate 120-seat theater
- Children’s productions
- Public gallery
- Monthly exhibits & competitions
- Showcase or 3 dimensional works
- Classes, workshops, seminars
- Weekly life drawing workshops
- Art in the Park
- Ballet, jazz, tango, line-dancing for all ages
- 30-foot mirrors, hardwood maple floor in studio
- Community dances, contra dances
- Live performances
- Concerts & dances
- Sunday classical concerts
- Lectures & readings
As a member you will receive:
- Monthly newsletters listing upcoming events
- Discount ticket prices
- Voting rights
- Tax-deductible benefits